A paternity test can be low cost. Here we show a list of some important key points which you should consider before choosing a DNA lab.
The result of a paternity test may be the foundation of important personal decisions. Therefore, for us an accurate test result is not question of money but a question of quality. You must feel absolutely secure with your decision of lab.
Of course, always compare the price of a test but also compare the lab's expertise and accreditations. A too cheap lab may help with at a first glance. But a DNA test result which may not be reliable may lead to an enormous strain on the family relations.
- Hence we have compiled a list of criteria which may help you decide. Your DNA lab should
- have a high throuput of DNA samples. Only then the scientists who examine the results will be experienced enough to draw the correct conclusions
- have installed an ISO 9001 quality management. This will ensure the correct documentation and constant optimisation of all lab and office processes which are involved in a DNA test.
- be ISO 17025 accredited for forensic genetics. This accreditation
- be in Germany. If you chose a DAN testing partner with a laboratory outside Germany your samples will need to be shipped, sometimes even to the US. The more people handle your samples the higher the risk of a mix-up.
- prove a long-term and successfully participation at the important GEDNAP ring trials. Through these ring trials external experts controll the expertise of the scientists and the outcome of their analyses.
- use highly automated processes and modern technology. Only this can guarantee that DNA testing can be performed at low cost but still be accurate.